It begins. in preparation for this challenge i spent the night being selfish. Now most people think being selfish is a bad thing.
Selfish - adjective
1.
devoted to or caring only for oneself; concerned primarilywith one's own interests, benefits, welfare, etc., regardlessof others.
2.
characterized by or manifesting concern or care only for oneself.
Now whats wrong with being devoted to and or caring for yourself? Most mamas become very self less and so taking time for ones self becomes a thing of the past. I remembered my new motto "its ok to be happy". It's also ok to be selfish.If by being selfish you are choosing to do things that make you feel alive,happy,empowered...whatever.it's ok.I did several things that i knew would make me happy and after all that's part of my challenge.So I took a long, hot, lavender and epsom salt bath while listening to one of my many new obsessions for the week: Ben Howard.
After that i wrote down a list of people i wanted to lift up or include in my 7 acts of kidness. I then wrote down a list of people that i want to forgive. I thought it was funny how the people on the second list also should be included on the first.
Set my intention and went to bed early.
In the morning,it was my day to sleep in but instead i decided to get up and take some "me time".Turned on some more Ben Howard and jumped out of bed.
Then,got my family ready and took them to breakfast.
My boys and I went to the park and they seemed so big and so perfect today. It was amazing to me how just by taking the extra time for myself i was able to more easily enjoy the time with them.
They even brought me these leaves as presents.
I really love my boys.
Anyway... got my yoga on at http://www.hotyogaplus.com/
Got a green juice from whole foods and now going to bed. I've got yoga planned bright and early at my most favorite place http://www.steadfastandtrueyoga.com/.
Day 1 success.



No comments:
Post a Comment