Day 6.
Excuse me while i rant:
I'm tired. Like really tired. Somedays i wonder if i will make it without 2 cups of coffee, a nap and a cupcake! Other days I'm so out of it, i forget to drink any caffeine at all. Sunday morning i woke up late and forgot to par take in my usual coffee. Sundays are my day to work. -As if being a stay at home mom isn't work! I work one beautiful, quiet day a week at East Nashville Community Acupuncture. Its wonderful. Not to mention that one day a week i get to enjoy a complementary treatment. These days are a saving grace. I highly recommend you go see what it's all about.
Anyway, i forgot to drink any caffeine and I received a pretty intense treatment and the combination gave me the worst headache i think i've had in a long time. Since i haven't been drinking and have been trying to eat healthy i think my body has been shocked. I never realized how many adult beverages i actually consume a week. After having many opportunities and having to turn them down i thought to myself,what do people my age do if they want to hang out but aren't drinking? Well, most of my friends are out drinking.Why wouldn't they be? Most of them don't have kids,or mortgages or husbands. It's sometimes hard to see my friends my age with so little responsibility. Honesty i am jealous. They get to wake up,get themselves dressed,feed themselves go to whatever job they are working,work, come home, go out and ect. I however,get woken up at 5:30 am by two smarter than average almost 3 year olds.Then,right away they want food. obviously. We then put on their underwear,clothes ect. Play. More food.More play. More play. More food. Wrestle them into taking a nap.Rest.Wake up. Food. Play. More food. More play.Break up the occasional brawl, clean up the inevitable messes.Love. Nurture. Teach.More play. Bath and then the moment we parents long for everyday: BED TIME! No more than 30 minutes after they are asleep i am reminded of something sweet,smart or funny they did or said and I'm tempted to wake them up again. Life with kids is crazy. You can't explain it but it's a common thing most parents understand. You love your kids. Some days they are animals, monsters even.Other days you're amazed at how lucky you are because you get to be the one to raise them and help them along on their journey.
As far as parenting and my challenge go, i have definitely been more patient and understanding. I forget sometimes that these are not just kids but they are human beings here on earth doing the same thing i am doing.Learning and growing.
From here to here
These dudes are changing my life. Even though most people my age aren't anywhere close to being ready to do what i do I chose this. Just like i choose to love and care for them everyday. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Well, i'd take a maid and a chef and a personal yoga guru but since i can't afford those things i must CHOOSE to be those things too. I am choosing to be more aware and like i said, i believe that's the first step to anyone changing anything in their life. I encourage you to think about something in your life that you want to change. Whatever it is, i promise you that if you really want to change it and you become more aware-you can. Yes, i believe it to be that simple. Go do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment