Begin each day with love and forgiveness.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day 2.

I'm not gonna lie, i didn't wake up all "zen" and changed and whatnot like i guess i thought i would. it's so funny that i thought i would. I was actually a smidge cranky. "Just.Get.Up."I knew if i could just bring myself to get it together and get out the door, it would be worth it. Every time i walk in the doors at Steadfast and True i feel at home.
It's amazing to me that i've only been here a handful of times but that's enough to know that this is a special place. It makes me want to try to figure out more ways to get my butt here. Today's class was a Hatha class.


Hatha Yoga-  via steadfast...
"This style of Hatha Yoga emphasizes the integration of breath and
movement to facilitate the natural unfolding of a linked sequence of poses, or vinyasa. By applying a more internal, energetic approach to the practice, students will learn how to move through poses with more intelligence, structural awareness, alignment, stability and ease."
This is my favorite class because it forces me to slow down. it's easy in yoga to want to "win the race" while doing vinyasas. "i want to be stronger than my neighbor or look at me, i never have to take child's pose." I've been guilty of getting jealous in yoga class. not so much anymore but you feel like you need to be better.you want to be "more advanced". I've learned that if you accept that you are always a beginner then you never get disappointed by what you cant do.Right now, with my shoulder injury, it's been a challenge to not push through things. i'm having to focus on my breath and really be aware of what's available to me. 
- i actually just laughed out  loud at the fact that i'm talking about yoga in such a way. Like i said, I will always be a beginner. 
As the class came to a close and i was on my back opening my shoulders up,i watched the prayer flags as they seemed to move to the music and felt a tear roll down my cheek.I must have unlocked something inside. I know it's for the best and i wait to see if any more emotions come up. It's not uncommon for me to feel emotional after such a restorative class. I have a lot going on in my life and those who know me well know i am a bit sensitive. I like to think in a good way.
Whatever. I cried at yoga this morning and it was awesome. This is my journey.I can cry if i want to.
Now on to something that does not make me cry and in fact brings me great joy:
This guy. Hello! 
I've had a great day with the babes and now i'm about to take a bath and write some cards and notes to people in my life that are of importance. I'd say today was a success. I'm ready knowing that tomorrow is going to be a long day but i will make sure to have my time. I'm gonna take a stab at meditation again tomorrow. It's been a while. 
Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment